Effective Date: June 11, 2020
Hello Elephant, LLC ("Elephant" or "we") respects your concerns about privacy. This Website Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect about individuals on https://elephant.is/ (the "Site"), how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices available regarding our use of the information. The Website Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard personal information, how long we retain it, and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise their rights.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information Sharing
- Cross-Border Transfer
- Your Rights and Choices
- Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
- Retention of Personal Information
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children's Personal Information
- Updates to Our Website Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- Additional Information Regarding the EEA
- Cookie Notice
Information We Obtain
Information You Provide
We may collect and store personal information (such as name and other contact details) that you choose to provide to us through the Site or when you contact us. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- When you apply for a job, your name, email address, phone number, gender, race, and any other information you may provide in your cover letter or resume;
- Other personal information you may submit to us; and
- Other personal information you may submit to us, such as when you contact us.
Information We Receive About You from Other Sources
We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as publicly available databases and providers of demographic information.
Automated Collection of Information
When you use the Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies.
The information we obtain in this manner may include your:
- Device IP address,
- Domain name,
- Identifiers associated with your devices,
- Device and operating system type and characteristics,
- Web browser characteristics,
- Language preferences,
- Clickstream data,
- Your interactions with the Site (such as the web pages you visit, links you click, and features you use),
- The pages that led or referred you to the Site,
- Dates and times of access to the Site, and
- Other information about your use of the Site.
You can view more information on how we may obtain certain information by automated means in our Cookie Notice.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we obtain on the Site for legitimate business purposes, including to:
- Provide our services to you; process, evaluate, and respond to your requests and inquiries; and send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Market our services to you. We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new services; enhancing and improving our services; analyzing our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions). We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud, security breaches, and other criminal activity and risks. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Personal Information Sharing
We share your Personal Information with:
- The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. ("IPG") agencies or companies, for the purposes described in this Website Privacy Notice. You can consult the list and location of such entities here.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as hosting this Site or data analytics. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), including laws outside your country of residence; (2) in response to requests by, or cooperate with, government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including outside of your country of residence; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
Your personal information may be processed and stored in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Site, you understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA ("EEA"): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your personal information. You may obtain a copy of the EU's Standard Contractual Clauses here.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete personal information, to object to the processing of personal information, or to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Website Privacy Notice. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your personal information that we maintain.
You can unsubscribe from any marketing mailing lists we may maintain by following the "Unsubscribe" link in our marketing emails. If you would like to unsubscribe from any other type of marketing you receive from us, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Website Privacy Notice.
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
The Site may provide links to other online services and websites for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins (e.g., LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter buttons). These services and websites may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to their own privacy statements. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, Elephant is not responsible for these third parties' information or other practices.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which we obtained it and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Site or our services to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitation, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
How We Protect Personal Information
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information within our organization. We hold our employees accountable for complying with policies, procedures, and regulations regarding the protection and confidentiality of personal information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the How to Contact Us section of this Website Privacy Notice.
Children's Personal Information
The Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children under the age of 16. Elephant does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 through the Site. If you believe that a child under the age of 16 may have provided us with personal information through the Site, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Website Privacy Notice.
Updates to Our Website Privacy Notice
This Website Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Website Privacy Notice on the Site.
How to Contact Us
Hello Elephant, LLC, located at 45 Main Street, Third Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201, is the company responsible for collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information under this Website Privacy Notice.
To contact us in relation to this Privacy Notice or any privacy matter, including our use of your personal information or to exercise other applicable privacy rights, please use the following contact details:
Hello Elephant Privacy
45 Main Street, Suite 725
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Additional Information Regarding the EEA
Our GDPR Data Protection Officer can be contacted via post or email using the following details:
Interpublic Group Limited
66 Prescott Street
London E1 8 HG
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available here.
Last Updated: June 11, 2020
2. Modification of Terms.
3. Privacy Notice.
Personal information provided through this Site is used in accordance with Elephant's Privacy Notice found here.
4. Copyright and Trademarks.
5. Links to Third-Party Websites.
Links on the Site to third-party websites are provided only as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Site. Elephant does not control or endorse any such third-party websites. You agree that Elephant and its affiliates will not be responsible or liable for any content, goods or services provided on or through these third-party websites or for your use of, or inability to use, such websites. You will use these links at your own risk. You are advised that other websites on the Internet, including third party websites linked from this Site, might contain material or information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate; or that is inaccurate, untrue, misleading or deceptive; or that is defamatory, libelous, infringing of others' rights or otherwise unlawful. Elephant expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, legality, decency or accuracy of any information, and for any products and services, that appear on any third-party website. Elephant recommends that you make yourself aware of and read the legal and privacy notices of all other websites that you visit.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Elephant strives to provide accurate and up-to-date material on this Site. However, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or timeliness of the Content on this Site.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ELEPHANT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ELEPHANT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE SITE IS FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE IS PROVIDED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT PERMIT CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, WE DISCLAIM WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
7. Disclaimer of Damages and Limitation of Liability.
NEITHER ELEPHANT OR ITS AFFILIATES SHALL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY MATERIAL, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE YOU ACCESS THROUGH A LINK FROM THIS SITE, OR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR LOSS OF PROFITS), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ELEPHANT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST ELEPHANT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS AND PROGRAMMERS THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THIS SITE.
8. Indemnification and Release.
9. No Unlawful or Prohibited Activity.
10. Shut-down of Site.
Elephant reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part of the Site) with or without notice or consent. Elephant and its affiliates shall have no responsibility or liability for failure to store or delete any Content or User Content submitted to this Site.
11. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.
13. No Waiver.
Elephant Cookie Notice
Effective Date: March 9th, 2022
We can change this Cookie Notice at any time. The “Effective Date” at the top of this page indicates when this policy was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we make the revised Cookie Notice available on the Site.
1. What are cookies and similar technologies?
- Help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement;
- Allow us to remember you and your preferences when you return to the Site and otherwise improve your experience;
- Help us to serve online advertising to you that is relevant to your interests; and
- Measure the effectiveness of our online advertising and marketing communications.
We also use technologies similar to cookies, such as Flash Local Shared Objects (also known as Flash cookies) and pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), for similar purposes.
2. What types of cookies do we use?
Below we list the different types of cookies and similar technologies used on the Site.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are required for the Site to function. They are used to ensure the safety, security, and integrity of the Site, as well as to enable users to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to, and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain features of it. These cookies are often session-specific, which means they expire after your visit to the Site has ended. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow the Site to recognize you when you return, as well as to remember choices you made (such as your name, language, or region), so it can provide more personal features. These cookies will typically remain on your device until you choose to clear them. They cannot be disabled.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information about your use of the Site and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site, and show us whether our content is effective. This allows us to see overall patterns of Site use, rather than the use of a single person. We use the information to analyze Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. These cookies may be set by us or by third parties, and they typically stay on your computer until you delete them (see below).
- Advertising Cookies. These cookies are set by us and by third parties and collect information about your activities on the Site and other websites to provide you with advertising (both on the Site and on other websites and online services) that is targeted based on your inferred interests. They can also be used to limit the number of times you see a particular ad. These cookies typically stay on your computer until you delete them (see below).
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are set by social media services and track you across the Site and other websites, in order to build a profile of your interests. This affects the content and messages you see on other websites.
3. How can you manage your cookie preferences?
You can manage your cookie preferences at any time via our .
Additionally, you can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to delete or disable cookies and similar technologies, your experience on the Site may be diminished, and some features may not work as intended.
We use Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”) and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Site. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
If you have any questions, please contact us here